Goals for the Veteran's Service Office:
Register all Pamlico County veterans in the veteran's system. Listed below are some of the functions of this office:
- Medical Benefits Registration
- Education Assistance Program
- VA Home Loan Applications
- Disability Compensation(Service Connected)
- Disability Pension Program
- VA Insurance Programs
- Widow's Pension/Benefit Package
- Outreach To Homeless Veterans
- Home Modification Applications For House Bound Vets
Most pressing issues in the Veteran's Service Office:
- Transportation of veterans (housebound or vets without transportation to hospitals or vet clinics
- Working with veteran groups to procure and operate vans in Pamlico County for transportation of veterans.
- Some emergency funds to assist veterans with water bills, light bills and heating expenses.