Recyclables can be deposited at the Pamlico County Recycling Center located at 3192 NC 306 North. The recycle center is operated by Pamlico County. Click here to see brochure.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 7:30-4:00 and Saturday 7:30-12:00
Recyclables accepted at the Main Recycling Center
PLEASE REMEMBER - NONE OF THE FOLLOWING ARE ACCEPTED:
ABSOLUTELY NO NEEDLES!
- BATTERIES – Automobile, boat, and lawnmower batteries
- CANS – Steel and aluminum cans, aluminum foil, NO FOOD, NO PAINT PLEASE RINSE!
- PLASTICS – #1 - #7 containers, with lids – drink bottles, milk jugs, etc. NO LIDS, PLEASE RINSE!
- MOTOR OIL – Used motor oil, hydraulic oil, fuel oil, transmission fluid, kerosene, NO OLD GAS, NO WATER, NO OIL FILTERS (It costs the County $ .40 per gallon to dispose of water mixed in oil)
- MAGAZINES – Magazines, catalogs (ONLY DRY PLEASE)
- NEWSPRINT – Newspapers, inserts, shopper, rag mags, etc. (Must Be Dry Please)
- MIXED PAPER – Cereal boxes, phone books, dog food bags, etc. (Please NO plastic liners, bags, or window envelopes, or food wrappings)
- OFFICE PAPER – Any size copier paper – Please, NO staples, paper clips, or plastic windows, and NO laminated paper of any kind
- CARDBOARD – Corrugated only – NO food or wax (Please break-down boxes)
- GLASS – Clear, green, brown only – Only food containers (bottles, jars) etc. (please rinse!) NO- plates, glassware, light bulbs, windows, mirrors, stoneware, etc.
- TIRES – NO RIMS!! Please bring 4 or less at a time. (Must be STACKED in trailer)
- CHRISTMAS TREES – NO tinsel, decorations, nails, or tree stands, PLEASE.
- YARDWASTE - $ .01 PER POUND – (NO GARBAGE) Limbs, leaves, pine straw, pine cones, grass clippings, garden waste, etc.
- ACCEPTABLE – (White Goods) stoves, refrigerators, propane heaters, furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, freezers, washers, dryers, etc.
- NOT ACCEPTABLE – (Other Appliances) NO tvs, vcrs, microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens, kerosene heaters, electric heaters, etc.
- SCRAP METAL is also recyclable, please read details on the following page. Acceptable Scrap Materials (pdf link).
NO-PLASTIC BAGS, PLASTIC PARTS, INSULATION, CERAMIC TILE, PORCELAIN, GLASS DISHES, AND ABSOLUTELY NO NEEDLES!