Welcome to Pamlico County where you can Work or Play, Visit or Stay! Whichever you choose, Pamlico County is a great place to be!
As of November 12th, 2015 Pamlico County is a NC Works Certified Community. We are one of the first 7 counties in NC to obtain this national certification.
The office of Economic Development provides information and assistance in the areas of economic development outlined below. If you need additional information on any of the services listed please contact Beth Bucksot, Director, at 252-745-3081 or email@example.com.
The Pamlico County Office of Economic Development seeks to strengthen the area's economy and encourage job creation. This is accomplished by:
- Improving the business climate
- Promoting economic development via identified sustainable economic growth pathways
- Assisting entrepreneurial activities, tourism and other business opportunities
- Providing a variety of economic development and other services and information to residents, visitors, developers and businesses interested in Pamlico County.
Our office collaborates with:
- Pamlico County Government,
- Pamlico County Chamber of Commerce (PCCoC)
- The Small Business Center (SBC)
- Pamlico Community College (PCC)
- NC Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
- Area agencies, volunteer groups, non-profits, citizens, plus regional and State partners to identify business capabilities and available strategic resources to achieve economic development goals for the benefit of our citizens and region.
If you have traveled to Pamlico County, you may have sought it out as a vacation or retirement destination. People from around the world are drawn here by our magnificent rivers, creeks, sounds and the Intracoastal Waterway. Possibly, you paid a visit by boat from the Intracoastal Waterway and stopped at one or more of our small towns and enjoyed the peaceful beauty, terrific water recreation opportunities, shopping, music, golfing, festivals, history, arts, music and warm hospitality of this coastal county.
Tourism, however, is only one of the many economic activities in our County. We continue to build our local and regional economy by diversifying our economic development efforts beyond our treasured traditional drivers of fishing, farming, forestry and tourism. Part of this includes attracting new small businesses and varying sized compatible industries. This is in conjunction with creating an environment that is attractive to locals, retirees or new residents who need the amenities and jobs created by this diversification and is in keeping with protecting Pamlico County’s heritage and economic goals.
Our economic development goals include increasing economic opportunities and improving the quality of life for Pamlico County citizens by wisely:
Our Goals Include:
- Recruiting compatible businesses and high tech manufacturing
- Making full use of our strategic geographical position on the center of the East Coast and directly across the Atlantic Ocean from Europe to increase our national and international markets
- Assisting existing businesses to achieve sustainable growth
- Identifying existing and potential commercial sites
- Supporting entrepreneurship
- Assist in increasing attractions
- Assist in increasing tourism and residential development
- Working collaboratively to strengthen the business climate and promote the general economic development with sustainable growth
- Building on our already excellent boating reputation as a boating destination and seeking to increase marine trades industries and yacht manufacturing.
- Capitalizing on our miles of deep water access and towns on the Intracoastal Waterway
In addition, for the benefit of our citizens, we will partner on local, regional, state, national and international levels in order to accomplish these goals and to provide available assistance to existing, new and potential industries.