CONGRATULATIONS ON ACCREDITATION... WITH HONORS!!!
Click the link below to access our Facebook Page:
Pamlico County Health Department
Click the link below to help us improve our region's health by completing a Community Health Needs Assessment Survey Now!
To Learn More about the Community Health Needs Assessment: Click HERE.
Pamlico County Health Department strives to promote the optimal health of the residents of Pamlico County through high quality professional services, to foster public trust, minimize identified public health risks, and ensure the safety of the environment for future generations.
- Family Planning: The Family Planning Program provides confidential birth control services for teens and adults to plan and space pregnancies. Physical exams and laboratory tests screen for the presence of cancer and sexually transmitted diseases.
- CD/STD/STI Clinic: The STD/STI clinic provides confidential services for the detection and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV and other communicable diseases.
- Adult Health: The Adult Health Division offers services under the Breast and Cervical Control Program (BCCCP) to allow women to be screened for breast and cervical cancer through physical exams and mammograms. Wellness exams are provided by a family nurse practitioner.
- Immunizations: The Immunization Program is mandated by law to children 18 years and younger to offer vaccinations for the prevention of selected communicable diseases. Hepatitis B, flu, and pneumonia vaccines are available to adults, age 19 or older, for an applicable fee.
- Tuberculosis Program: The Tuberculosis Prevention and Control Program offers tuberculin skin testing to individuals for an applicable fee.
- Sick Care Clinic: A family nurse practitioner provides services to adults who present with acute or chronic health problems.
Family Coordination Services
- Pregnancy Care Management (PCM): The Pregnancy Care Management program through individual case management, offers support, education and referral services to women and their families during pregnancy and the immediate post-partum period.
- Care Coordination for Children (CC4C): The Care Coordination for Children program provides services to high-risk children 0-5 year of age. Individual case management to patients/families to assist with identifying need and working together to develop plan to address them CC4C provides education support and links to additional resources as needed. SIDS Bereavement Counseling is offered to families who have experienced an infant/child loss.
- WIC: The Womens, Infants Children (WIC) Program provides nutrition education, supplemental foods, breastfeeding consultation and referrals for health care to qualified children from birth to five, pregnant and post-partum women.
- Health Education/Promotion: Community education and promotion of positive health behavior changes are provided through this program. A health educator assists groups to develop policy and environmental changes that promote exercise, healthy eating and tobacco cessation.
- Interpreter Services: Interpretation services are available in the department for Spanish and other non-English speaking individual.
- Vital Statistics: Vital Record Certificates for Pamlico County are maintained by the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar, and the Assistant Deputy Registrar. When certificates are received they are filed with the Register of Deeds before being submitted to the State Vital Records Office in Raleigh, NC.
The Environmental Health Division offers information and programs for the following:
Permitting of Sewage Treatment Systems and Private Drinking Water Wells
Food and Lodging Inspections
School and Day Care Inspections
Swimming Pool Inspections
Rabies Animal Control and Vaccination
Tattoo Parlor Inspections