Informational Sites Regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
It is our sincere hope that these tools can offer greater insight and assistance to those in need as we all attempt to get our lives back on track, with a special focus on the underserved citizens in our communities.
Newly Released Guidelines from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Click Here to view the PDF Document: "Interim Guidance for Private Social Gatherings" that provides detailed guidance regarding for those Hosting and/or Attending any Social Gatherings or Events.
- Click Here to view the PDF Document: "Guidelines for Get-Togethers" that provides quick tips on slowing the spread of COVID-19 at Social Gatherings and Events. This document can be printed for distribution and/or posted in businesses.
COVID-19 Virus Information from DHHS
- "What To Do If You Feel Sick" --VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENT REGARDING SYMPTOMS AND TESTING
- Click Here to View PDF Document for Important Information on Testing Protocols & Symptoms
- The CDC recommends that you stay home if you have mild symptoms. This will greatly reduce the risk of infecting others. There is no cure or prescription treatment for COVID-19. Most people with respiratory illness are able to treat their mild symptoms at home with over the counter medicines.
- Most symptomatic people do not need a COVID-19 test-- they need to STAY ISOLATED. By leaving your home to get tested you will expose yourself & others -including HealthCare Workers- in the process of trying to get tested. If you have fever, cough, and/or other MILD symptoms of respiratory illness- even if it is not COVID-19-- YOU SHOULD ISOLATE YOURSELF. Testing results-whether positive or negative- do not change the treatment plan that you will receive from your doctor. (Always call your medical provider prior to visiting their office if you have symptoms, or if you have questions regarding your illness. If you have an Emergency: Dial 911.)
- Informational Videos on COVID-19 (Click on the underlined links below to be taken to each video.)
- The CDC Website Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Homepage
- The NCDHHS Website Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Homepage
- NC.Gov Information Hub
- The CDC webpage regarding COVID-19 cases in the United States
- The CDC—How COVID-19 Spreads
Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Homes and Residential Communities
- CDC Page on: Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- Includes links to prepare different settings in your life: