What is Economic Development?
Economic Development involves programs, policies or activities that seek to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for a community.
- Improving the business climate
- Promoting economic development via identified sustainable economic growth pathways
- Assisting entrepreneurial activities, tourism and other business opportunities
- Providing a variety of economic development and other services and information to residents, visitors, developers and businesses interested in Pamlico County
What does the Planning Board do?
The Planning Board's duties include:
- Prepare the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and Flood Damage Prevention Plan, and amend and revise as needed
- Prepare and recommend to the County Board of Commissioners, ordinances promoting orderly development according to the Land Use Plans
- Determine if specific proposed developments conform to the principles and requirements for the growth and improvement of the area
- Other related duties as assigned by the County Board of Commissioners