Goals for the Veteran's Service Office:
Register all Pamlico County veterans in the veteran's system. Listed below are some of the functions of this office:
- Medical Benefits Registration
- Education Assistance Program
- VA Home Loan Applications
- Disability Compensation (Service Connected)
- Disability Pension Program
- VA Insurance Programs
- Widow's Pension/Benefit Package
- Outreach To Homeless Veterans
- Home Modification Applications for house bound veterans
Most pressing issues in the Veteran's Service Office:
- Transportation of veterans (housebound or veterans without transportation) to hospitals or veteran clinics.
- Working with veteran groups to procure and operate vans in Pamlico County for transportation of veterans.
- Some emergency funds to assist veterans with water bills, light bills, and heating expenses.
Resources for Veterans
- MakeTheConnection.net - connects Veterans, their families and friends, and other supporters to mental health information, a tool for finding local mental health resources, and videos of Veterans sharing their inspiring stories of recovery. The site is free to use and accessible to everyone.